Thursday 17 September 2009

Fallen

I lie on this ground of fallen love, and I think
We’ve come so far.
So far for little sparks to light;
so hard for us to burn, and yet
we have.
If I told you, I know you’re next to me,
I’m just lost within myself,
your footsteps would barely touch the ground.
You would be gone, and I would be left.
But the world, it wouldn’t stop turning.

So I won’t say a word.
I’ll lie here, staring up to a big expanse
we pretend we understand.
And I’ll stay here until the frost settles,
And you’ll still be next to me.
Lying. On the icy ground. Waiting for an excuse to leave.

I wish when your eyes look up,
You could see the sky I’m seeing.

See that in between those stars
there is nothing. Darkness and mysteries and nothing.
And so those tricks of light, they must mean
something.

And so don’t you see? This, here, it’s not just you and me.
It’s you
And me
And this darkness and mystery and nothing between us.
These stars, they aren’t just mine;
Take some and Set yourself on fire.
And think, for once, what is the point?
When really, all we are doing is lying down
On a frozen ground
And waiting for the ice to melt. But we're already burning.

So hard for little sparks to light,
To burn,
To die.
My footsteps barely touch the ground.
But the world, it won’t stop turning.

2 comments:

  1. your writing is phenomenal...keep at it, it inspires us all and is really extraordinary

    ReplyDelete